|The mission of the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality is to safeguard the health, safety, and welfare of present and future generations of Mississippians by conserving and improving our environment and fostering wise economic growth through focused research and responsible regulation.|
- Truth is the foundation of everything we do.
- We vigilantly resist bias and prejudice.
- We respond promptly, courteously, and as completely as possible to every question, complaint, or request for assistance.
- Inside the agency, we respect the capabilities, responsibilities, and contributions of every member of the DEQ family. Outside the agency, we respect everyone, regardless of who they are or why we are brought together.
- We strive for a secure, stimulating, rewarding work environment in which all members of the DEQ family are empowered and encouraged to reach their full potential.
- We are committed to the highest standards of performance in every aspect of our jobs.
- We are accountable, individually and collectively, for effective, efficient management and use of the resources provided to accomplish our mission.