|The Field Services - Central Regional Office provides investigative, logistical and |
limited analytical support for the major MDEQ regulatory programs for central Mississippi.
|The Central Regional Office(CRO) is located in Pearl, Mississippi in Rankin County. Counties served by the CRO include:|
|Closer contact with pollution sources and the affected population allows the staff of these offices to better respond to public needs such as:|
- routine air and water monitoring
- investigation of fish kills
- spills and accidents involving oil or hazardous materials
- coordination with the state civil defense on national disasters
- other emergency services during incidents involving substances dangerous to lives and property.
|Address and Directions|
|Central Regional Office|
1542 A Old Whitfield Road
Pearl, MS 39208
Take I-20 east from Jackson to exit 52 (Jackson International Airport exit) and continue south on Hwy 475 to the first right, which is Old Whitfield road. Go about 2 miles and we will be in the curve just before the MS State Fire Academy.
|For more general information about or from the Field Services Central Regional Office staff, click here. |