Illegal Dumping Resources
Other Related Resources
Filing an Illegal Dumping Complaint
For persons seeking to file a complaint regarding illegal dumping, illegal dumping can be reported as follows:
Contact your local enforcement agency or local Solid Waste Enforcement Officer for your county or municipality. If an officer is not listed for your county or municipality, we encourage you to contact another local enforcement agency such as your police department, sheriff's department, or local code enforcement office.
You may report your complaint to MDEQ. You may remain anonymous when you file an illegal dumping complaint with MDEQ. MDEQ Contact Number: 601-961-5171.
Remember you will need as much information as possible on the complaint site, including the following:
- The exact location where the dumping is occuring. (Most important)
- The responsible party, if known.
- The types of wastes involved.
- The problems you have noted or are experiencing.
- Information on the vehicle involved including the license plate number and description of the vehicle and person(s) involved.
- The date and time of the incident(s).